X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nith Race in September 14 2013

Email from Rob Noakes regarding the Race and the show and shine.
    Hi folks, I just wanted to send out an update for the race. It is less than three weeks away so make sure to get your registration in if you plan to race. We base many decisions on pre-registration numbers so itís important to get them in.
    Make sure to pass along to anyone that may not have internet or e-mail or may just be interested about the races and to pre-register to race.
    They can contact me via e-mail or phone at 519 368 2530.

Track prep:
    We are planning on doing the track prep on Saturday September 7th, 2013. There is plenty to do to get the track ready not the least of which is 500+ feet of snow fence to put up as well as marking the track and so on.
    Anyone that would be ready and willing to help please let me know and I can provide further details.

Race day volunteers:
    We will need to get some volunteers for race day to help out with all the tasks that need to be done.
    1)We need help with doing sled tech
    2)We need to have one or two people that would be able to be a finish line spotter and declare who crossed the finish line 1st. We use radios to relay back for announcing.
    3)We will certainly need help on the gate. We have to make sure that we get everyone coming through the gate to sign waivers as well as make sure folks get a wrist band before entry. This year we will be entering at the secondary access to the field and not using Earlís driveway. This will make it easier for folks to get in, especially with bigger trailers.
    4)We will also need some help in the staging lanes to get racers lined up and ready for their heats.

There may be other things we need help with but that is the short list for now.

If you or someone you know is able to help, please let us know so we can make sure the race runs smoothly and in a safe manner for all.

We are moving the return lane away from the side of the active lanes to enable us to keep the races going without having to wait for returning sleds. The return lane will be behind the spectator area which should work out better. We will have it staked with caution tape to make sure everyone knows itís there and be watchful for sleds returning.

The Ontario Vintage Snowmobile Club is planning on displaying some Vintage show sleds in the area marked on the layout. For information regarding that, please go to their web site for contact info. www.ovsc.ca

I will send out another update(s) as the race gets closer.

Hope to see you all on the 14th!

Rob Noakes

just want to let racers know ,need to pre-register guys ,it is getting close and there is not enough registered to cover the ****per ,let alone insurance ,or this will be cancelled.
    Earl

Comment

Just registered online. Entered in 4 classes.

Comment

Originally posted by circle boy View Post
        Just registered online. Entered in 4 classes.
        will register today,will try to make it on sept 7 to help out,see you soon

Comment

I have 2 sleds registered in 3 classes each. Kids are signed up as well.

Comment

Originally posted by ss340 View Post
            will register today,will try to make it on sept 7 to help out,see you soon
            I'm heading up on Sept. 7th as well. Lots of hands will lighten the work load.

Comment

what time are you folks going to get at it tomorrow?,don't want to be late and miss all the fun, 4 am with flashlights?

Comment

Is the OVSC area just a 'Show and Shine' or is their a 'Swap' feature as well?

Comment

Swapping is Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by ss340 View Post
                    what time are you folks going to get at it tomorrow?,don't want to be late and miss all the fun, 4 am with flashlights?
                    Around 10:00 am.

Comment

what time do racers need to be there by on Saturday? Still working on my sled. Hopefully do some test and tune tomorrow night and get registered.

Comment

sooner you get there and sighed and tec'd in the better , people show up around 8-9-ish ,but wouldn't be any later than 10- ish
                        Earl

Comment

I haven't grass dragged for about 40 years,,,,,will I need a yellow rookie stripe on the back of my sled?

Comment

All registered! lets see what the old ugly can do lol

Comment

Good luck to all, be safe and be fast, wish I could be there, but other season is on....
                              cheers

ps take some photos of the vintage stuff...

Comment

Working...
                              X