Argo Snowmobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argo Snowmobile

I am looking for information on the snowmobiles that Argo made in the 70's. I have a 73 and just starting restoration.Parts manuals,, service manuals etc. what ever you may have or know
    thanks

David's vintage snowmobile website is a wealth of info. Scroll down and there's some info there. Though it only shows from 74 on. http://www.vintagesnowmobiles.50megs.com/BROCHURES.html
    The 3 book "snowmobile history" by Pierre Pellerin says they made them from 74 to 77. They were made at Ontario Drive and Gear or ODG in new Hamburg which is around 15minutes from me.

he said there was only two models made in 74, and about 250 each. Cool looking rides.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, looked at the information. Sno goer magazine had an article on them and they did build some is 1973. Got mine home today and it was first licensed in 1972 so the sticker says. I think they only built 100 units. This one is in very nice condition but needs cleaning up, needs a windshield. Will post some pictures soon.

Comment

That's pretty neat. Would like to see pics of this outfit. No idea where to find parts for it though. Probably shouldn't expect ODG to have anything on the shelf

Comment

I "think" there was one at Toronto show 4 years ago.... very sleek looking and some unusual design ...
          hard to believe it was related to snowhawk and the 6/ 8 wheeled argos
          Ron

Comment

Cool. How were they related to the snohawks?

Comment

No connection at all with the Sno Hawk sleds. They were manufactured in London by the Eagle Tie Company. They made tobacco harvesting and processing equipment.

Comment

CLOSE BUT NO CIGAR .. within a short drive anyway...
                Still thinking they were involved with a diff sled ... maybe one of the old rear engine ones ????
                R

Comment

Here are some pictures. I have read they were made with some Chapparal parts, not sure. The mileage is suppose to be correct but I haven't verified it yet. The last owner had it for 20 yeas and put 20 miles on it.

Comment

Ha! That's very cool in my books. Maybe its because we've done work in that building or because its close by, or maybe just bc that thing looks so neat and few were made. Looks like you have a great outfit there!

Comment

Working...
                    X