Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do i find the correct paint color or code ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do i find the correct paint color or code ?

hi i'm looking for the correct silver paint code or color name for the chassis on my 69 Boa Ski

or does anybody know where I code get a spec sheet or something with this info ?

Comment

BB16 hasn't replied or Jeff ... both of them have machines that look good and maybe are not telling because they used a CTC rattle can ???
      My Yam silver was selected from multiple rattle cans from CTC and couldn't remember currently which empty can was correct as I used the
      off coloured ones as a pre coat ..
      Hopefully one of them has the answer
      Ron
      PS ,, doesn't matter until parked next to someone with a clean original

Comment

Thanks for the compliment and also funny Ron, my name is not Paul. It has been a long time since I restored the DeLuxe. I used a Mopar paint shop in Owen Sound in 2003 and we used a Mopar silver paint. I have seen many variations in silver paint and they all look good. Silver paints are very similar for all the car brands, so choose a shade you like and go with it. The Boa Brotherhood will be supportive of your restoration!

Comment

Originally posted by RON HYDRAULIC YAM View Post
          BB16 hasn't replied or Jeff ... both of them have machines that look good and maybe are not telling because they used a CTC rattle can ???
          My Yam silver was selected from multiple rattle cans from CTC and couldn't remember currently which empty can was correct as I used the
          off coloured ones as a pre coat ..
          Hopefully one of them has the answer
          Ron
          PS ,, doesn't matter until parked next to someone with a clean original
          I'll prolly use a rattle can as well, I can take the machine to a local autobody paint store and they can match the paint and put it in a rattle can for me as me matching a paint color by eye has never worked out for me in the past lol

Comment

Originally posted by BB16 View Post
            Thanks for the compliment and also funny Ron, my name is not Paul. It has been a long time since I restored the DeLuxe. I used a Mopar paint shop in Owen Sound in 2003 and we used a Mopar silver paint. I have seen many variations in silver paint and they all look good. Silver paints are very similar for all the car brands, so choose a shade you like and go with it. The Boa Brotherhood will be supportive of your restoration!
            there is a local autobody paint shop that can scan the color and mix and put in a rattle can for me I may go that way I want to keep it as original as possible as my Dad bought it new in 1969 and gave it to me when I was 13 the only things ever changed on it are the track, windshield, spark plug and rear springs Hell I still have the original cover The Boa Brotherhood huh I like that

Comment

I took a look for a leftover can of silver so I can give you the code....except I cant find the can! Ill keep looking. I was going to suggest getting it scanned...I chipped a hunk off and got it scanned when I did mine. Like Ron says....unless its next to someone else's you will never know!

Comment

ok cool that would be awesome if you find it and yea I agree it would be hard to tell but it's important to me to keep it the same color if at all possible

Comment

Here is the can and the formula. Im sure a paint guy can decipher what it means and mix something for you. I think it looks pretty good...just a little metallic in it. Good luck!! Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X