My aging back!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My aging back!

I have a 1996 Formula III 600 that I have ridden and loved since about the year 2000. I haven't been riding it for the last two years for lack of snow so I decided to do some improvements and repairs. I found and installed an sc10-3 rear skid out of an 02 MXZ and a new 1 inch paddle ripsaw track. I also went through the carbs and figured out why it's been running a bit off.
    We have a bit of snow so I took it for the first ride in years. Wowee is it fast and fun but I came home wishing I had been riding my 2008 Skidoo Renegade. The whole time I felt like I was riding a very fast football. I'm so used to the rider forward platform now that I came home with a sore back.
    Or is it just old age???? Lol
    Ray

I'm pretty sure it's the second one Ray.....but let's just stick with the first one.....

Comment

Ya but Ray. What do you expect

Comment

I loved my 96 FIII, fast and heavy, 535lbs dry if I remember right.Bought it new and put 8000miles on in with the only problem being a broken limiter strap that was replaced under warranty. Rode a 98 FIII700 for two winters and then put 21,000kms on an 03REV600. No more long distance sleds for me now, only the odd run on the antiques.

Comment

still driving my 77 sno jet sst that they forgot to put any suspension in..lol....last 4 seasons have averaged a good 1000 plus miles on the old gal with the vintage pass...took her a year or two ago from New Hamburg to Owen Sound and back.....hitting my mid 50's so we will see how long this continues..lol....

Comment

I put about 3 miles on my Nuvik over the weekend on some really rough trails and I could hardly walk the next day. I think my legs bothered me worse than my back though.

Comment

bvolks ... I would suggest next time ,,, starting the sled instead of pushing or pulling..... do recall lifting and pushing a dead 70 MS18 out
              of a bush while being "helped" with a mini snow... good thing I was young and stupider then... the chain had broken and we forgot when
              we arrived at the downhill section that I didn't have any brakes,,, just kept yelling , go faster to him.
              The good old days
              Ron

Comment

Sorry .. will correct my self ... I see on another post that it was running ...

Comment

I was expecting a "How much of that was walking back home?" comment at least. Getting stuck a couple times with nobody to help get it out probably didn't help things.

Comment

I'm not sure what my ugly old VK will go through as I have stopped a number of times setting ski track but can normally
                    unhook and get going again .. I started carrying an axe , come along and shovel when leaving the property as I think
                    it weighs in at about 850 lb loaded. The ultimate solution might be a wick and matches..
                    .. Most of the fluid drive yams are around 500 wet which is lots when every direction is up hill .
                    Ron

Comment

Oh Ray I feel for ya! More than a few years back I had a great winter and spent lots of time riding. Filmed some of the riding on the 70 oly (and 68 oly)... I tell ya it didnt hurt at all while doing it, just tired. BUT the two weeks after were HELL lol!!

Comment

Wow Vince. That was a super cool video. If I didn't know better it looks like some of the old skidoo commercials. Well done and beautiful footage. Wish we had snow like that this year!.
                        Ray

Comment

really nice job on video ... mine tend to look like Blair witch projects.... to the point you get sea sick watching.
                          Ron

Comment

LOL I hear that. Thanks guys. It was the wifes steady hand at the blackberry taking the videos. And that was about the best one I've ever put together. Haven't had the combination of time, snow & filmer since.

Comment

yes I doo like that video, the Rotax is running fine!

Comment

Working...
                              X