2019 Cochrane Tom Saul Memorial Ride - Post Event Photos and Such -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Cochrane Tom Saul Memorial Ride - Post Event Photos and Such -

Had a great time up in Cochrane, Ontario this past week-end - here are a few teaser pics of what you missed -

Great pictures.

Comment

Some video ->
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVpLnxyhfYo

Comment

This is the second video -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPlo5qbEjr0

Comment

Comment

Looks like you had a good bunch out ... Saw a VK with a sleigh just in case ... How ticked would you have been if camera had dropped off ??
            Expect bunch of sleds behind you as well .. Surprised how flat the terrain is , somehow expected lakes , cliffs , hills and rocks.
            Thanks
            Ron

Comment

Or the VK was hauling VK parts Ron. LOL

Comment

There were a few recovery sleds on the run. A few break downs along the way - but most got up and running again.

The VK was put to work - it had to bring Bill R's Snowbug back as it blew a belt on the return run.

The camera has a good mount and a solid case. When I stand up, I can see it.

112 Snowmobiles. 122 registered participants.

Comment

A few more -

Comment

I'll bite ... is that BIG AL I presume ??? On loan or final resting place ??
                    Doug ... I only had to walk home once from my Yams ... ran out of fuel ...
                    Had some of them pulled on or off trailers at shows ...
                    My VK should have left me on a trail as I had failed to recognise the complete lack of any PTO side seal.. both it and the cover plug were not
                    even present in the sled .. A previous owner must has used ether at some point .. I had put 289km on it over a few years grooming before I decided
                    one Sat morning to see why it didn't idle well .... Spark plug full of Almn , ???? Found piston skirts packed nicely into ports , wrist pin worn 3/16" into
                    side of cylinder and even the Mag seal was melted ... Through all this it still was way faster than my 433's....
                    ..On the other hand ... it took a big coyote (kioti) to drag my Cat from the woods ...
                    That's pretty good to only have one come back on "the hook" ...
                    Al ... the lens stayed clear and glad it didn't fall off so we could see some of the ride .BUT it would be neat to see 112 sleds run over a camera
                    and pull the SD card and see what you get... Maybe paint it orange first so you can find it... Maybe a bit like the ones people swallow and "find" later
                    except in the snow.
                    Ron

Comment

I finally found my camera. Always something goes missing after a long trip. Bill Ross and I had a great time. The folks that put this ride on in Cochrane did a fantastic job, the museum has a host of significant snowmobiles and memorabilia, awesome trails, great people, tasty food, I can't say enough good things about the event. Every snowmobiler in Ontario needs to take in this event.
                      Here are some pics...

Comment

Here are some more photos

Comment

and a few more... I was thrilled to be a part of the 10th Anniversary Tom Saul Memorial Ride.

Comment

Working...
                          X