1976 Skidoo RV340

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1976 Skidoo RV340

Well I think I picked one of the hotter days this year to reorganize the shop. I took the RV off the shelf again so I could spend the rest of the summer and fall finishing it up. I hope to ride and show it this winter. I will post pics and short descriptions of my progress.
    Ray

Finally assembled the engine today. Bored 40 over, new pistons and rings. All new gaskets and seals on entire engine including rotary valve components. Haven't test fired yet. Going to get some Shell V power because it's ethanol free guaranteed. Will post results and final compression numbers on rebuild.
    Ray

Comment

Looking good Ray.

Comment

bring her up this winter ray and see if the ol txl will give her a go across the lake

Comment

I'm not sure where I'm going from here! I'm so angry I'm without words. The machinist messed up on my cylinders. They are at the end of tolerance specs and only building 100 psi. It's not building enough compression to fire. I have clean gloriously strong blue spark on plugs. Checked and rechecked timing on stator and rotary valve three times. Best I got was lazy fart out the exhaust after pulling on the rope for three hours today. Even took the heads off again to confirm arrow pointing to exhaust on pistons and rings lands are good. Not a happy camper today.
          Ray

Comment

Working...
          X