No announcement yet.

UPDATE ON TNT 775 RESTORATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. I see it has a Power Bloc clutch on it.

Comment

Hi Joe. That's actually the power bloc clutch that I bought from you a few years ago. Sadly we haven't had enough snow for a test ride yet. Maybe next weekend at the show.
      Ray

Comment

On Sunday I loaded nine short videos to YouTube. They are all around a minute or less. They short form my two hour battle to get the beast started. I had a variety of compound problems. First I flooded it and fouled the plugs. Then I found bad plug boot. Recoil was cranky so I took apart and lubed up. Took carbs apart because I thought diaphragm was stuck, checked needles and seats,all were fine. Then return line tee snapped and fuel was dribbling everywhere. Had to put a towel under carbs to absorb spilling fuel. Each pull on recoil made sled bunny hop backwards a few inches each time. Had to get my buddy to help hold with his foot too. What a beast. It finally roared to life. Couple backfires until carbs adjusted. All fixed and running champ. Going to show this Sunday in Dungannon.
        Ray
        the YouTube videos all titled 1971 Skidoo TNT 775

Comment

Nice work Ray, the hood turned out good.
          You get the Never Give Up Award getting that beast running. My shoulder would not have lasted that long. Don't be afraid to give the carbs a good shot of fuel. I use a small oil can and give each carb 2-3 squirts with the throttle wide open, put on the chokes and give it a pull. Usually starts within a few pulls.
          PS, you didn't buy that clutch from me but they do work good.
          Last edited by JH622; 02-08-2017, 08:17 PM.

Comment

I made a set of custom pipes and exhaust. They sound amazing. It is exactly the right amount of two stroke glass pack thunder and snap that I was looking for!!! There will be no mistaking this is a 775 when you hear it. I still need to paint them. Any suggestions on good quality high temperature paint? Thanks.
            Ray

Comment

Can you post a video of running with the new pipes on it?

Comment

Originally posted by JH622 View Post
                Can you post a video of running with the new pipes on it?
                I can post a video on YouTube. Is it possible to post video here??
                Ray

Comment

Hi everyone. I posted a YouTube video with new exhaust. Titled 1971 Skidoo Tnt 775 pipes. Enjoy.
                  Ray

Comment

Sounds good Ray!

Comment

That's awesome. Thankyou Rob

Comment

Looks good Ray. The only high temp. paint that I have found that works is "VHT" brand. Use the "Flameproof" stuff made for headers. It's good for 1300 to 2000 degrees F. Their caliper paint is only good for 900 and the motorcycle cylinder paint that they produce is only good for 500. Do not use the John Deere muffler paint. It goes on well and covers nicely but burns off at the engine end on the first run. "VHT" is the stuff to use.
                        Will you be at Shelburne in July?

Comment

Very nice Ray, sounds nice.

Comment

Hi John. Yes I am planning on coming to Shelburne in July and the 775 is definitely coming.

Thanks Gord.

Comment

Sounds good, my pipes make my ears bleed.

Comment

Good job bud, that really sounds great!

Comment

Working...
                                X