1998 skidoo mach 1 miss firing any help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1998 skidoo mach 1 miss firing any help

hey i got a 1998 skidoo mach 1 700 and its misfiring off one of the cylinders it has good compression in all of them i have cleaned the carbs and put a different choke cable on it as the other one did not work the coils all have good spark any help would be good thanks
    Last edited by sledman; 11-01-2018, 04:41 PM.

Have you tried switching your plug leads? See if you can make the misfire change cylinders by moving plug wires. That can help trace a bad component. Are your saprkplugs new and not from Canadian TIre? Resistor spark plugs deteriorate with age. Most of the date codes on Canadian Tire plugs are ancient. Not to mention they rarely have solid cap plugs.

Comment

i did fine it is the middle cylinder not firing i switched spark plug wires around still did nothing everything has spark i even changed the spark plug wires and the new plugs are the BR9ES i took the choke cable off as lot said online can be that and it did kinda get hot on that one cylinder when started it with out them in
      Last edited by sledman; 10-23-2018, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Are you running the engine with the slugs out of the mikuni or just the cable disconnected??? If you are running with the slugs out and the holes are open you are full choke essentially but sucking air through the open port too.
        Is the engine responding well to the throttle with choke disconnected or still misfiring?
        Ray

Comment

it does run fine on the 2 cylinders and start good just the middle one not firing the choke cable that was in it first was seized in it but i did get it out with having choke cables not hocked up the middle cylinder does get tiny bit hot

Comment

When you pull the centre plug is it wet or does it smell like gas?? If you have strong spark and gas it should be firing. You may have a fuel issue. Have you checked the reed cage?? Maybe stuck closed. Try putting a bit of fuel through spark plug hole on centre cylinder and refire. If runs smooth for couple seconds then you will know it's not getting fuel.
            Ray

Comment

Any luck or progress yet??

Comment

thanks found out what it was needed new choke cable and carbs all needed resetting back to factory setting took the carbs to the dealer and had them set the carbs all back it fires now but still not getting as hot as i think it should be

Comment

Working...
                X