tilly to mikuni

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tilly to mikuni

Has anyone ever converted a ccw from tilly to mikuni? it might be walbro not sure just picked up a merc 440 max but carb is seized

anything possible ... nice to know where to jet it ... need a fuel pump , and adapt that bolts on and takes a mik..
    Deere used JDX8 with CCW walbro then bendix ... similar engine in cyclone used mik single carb.
    Someone with 440 cyclone will know size and may have adaptors of a s**** sled ..look like 34mm..
    Ron
    partsadvisor.com is deere current look up and enter and punch up cyclone for model ... shows diff jets diff years

Comment

http://www.psep.biz/store/tillotson_...etor_parts.htm

This place sells a complete conversion kit.

Comment

thanks guys im thinking normal carb boot and 38mm carb just have to jet it right will keep you all updated, i have fuel pump and throttle block

Comment

I havetried twice, not much luck. I put a 34 on a 440 Sachs, tried jetting and unhappy with results. Went back to tilly. Then I tried again, only on a 290ss Sachs, same problem. Went back to tilly. Really do not know why It would not work,.thinking of giving it another go tho

Comment

I have a Mikuni on mine. It was that way when I bought it so I have no idea what they did to it for jets, if they changed anything at all. I'll try to dig it out and check what carburetor it has later.

Comment

Where would I find the size marked on it?

Comment

I do not know where the size is marked, but where can you get the adapter ? I want to put a 34 on where an hr tilly was. The only way I know it's a 34 is that is what someone told me, and it is a smaller barrell

Comment

I have no idea. It was on it when I got it.

Comment

This might help?
                    http://www.vintagesnow.com/John_Deer...Cyclone_OM.pdf

Comment

Working...
                    X