polaris sprint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polaris sprint

I just picked up 2 polaris sprints both 340 twin carbs anybody have any info on them? like carb size jetting clutch springs and weights? looks like im gonna have to do sme work but want to know stock setup

Anyone ever done the drive bearings on one of these? I can't get the clutch off

Comment

The direct drive was one of the patents they got from deere... lost our books but seem you need to loosen the bolt (LH or RH thread ?)
      and move the axle to the right .. might need to loosen cog drivers and slide them enough to let you get the clutch out of the way..
      May need to punch the cages out of the brgs and drop out the balls if they are seized to the shaft..
      Deere used ordinary fafner brgs and flanges .... 7/8 " on LH and 1" on RH .. used same flange size...
      Next method ... cut big hole in side so you can pull the axle out the clutch side with the shaft after punching the brgs..
      Ron

Comment

Thanks ron I got the bolts out that hold the clutch on is the the clutch itself have threads? Like hold the drive shaft and losen the whole clutch?

Comment

How did you ever make out with those Sprints Jay?

Comment

I had to stay in the city this weekend but I've got the clutch shaft soaking so hopefully when I get back up north I will be able to get it off and take a look at how to get through drive shaft out I will post pictures of this rebuild I have 2 one I'm just gonna put new gas and oil in and the other is tear down and rebuild

Comment

Clutches are keyed in like a normal indy. Keep the penetrating oil on it, it will come. It is a different clutch. Very fragile. A clutch in good shape is almost worth more than a whole sled. Tracks are nla. If you have 2, I suggest running one and preserving the other for spare parts.

Comment

Working...
              X