No announcement yet.

mikuni carb jetting up or down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a link to show you what jet and what parts deliver fuel at what throttle position.

http://www.carbparts.com/mikuni/mikuni_tuning_info.htm

It will help you understand how to tune your carb. Tuning is never done in the garage. As stated earlier, you will have to ride this beast of yours and then make the appropriate changes based on what you feel hear and the way the plugs are burning (at a specified throttle position).

Comment

K&N makes a snowcharger which is a silicon treated pre filter that repels water and snow dust, uni-filter makes the same as well (as mentioned above) and they make all the difference in the world. My snowhawk would completely plug the filters with snowdust after just a few minutes of riding and with the pre-filters on there is no problem and the jetting stays consistent as well.

Comment

pre-filters I have never heard of?Where would I find them?

Comment

a pre filter is just a filter made of a looser, more open celled foam. It grabs some of the **** before it hits the main filter, helping to keep it open.

Comment

Where would I get them for the uni filter?I seen them for k&n but not uni.Or could I make them out of something?

Comment

A nylon sock? Haha

Comment

I had some here for a customer but he already picked them up, I just match them up by the filter size that they're going on. They just pull over the foam filter and have an elastic end to hold them snug by the filter clamp. The description says that they are 'silicone treated polyester wraps that repel snow & water'. Polaris used a similar sleeve over the paper filters in the magnums/sportsmans.

http://www.motovan.com/catalog/2013s...dex.html#/500/

Comment

Jay I know this is a old thread, what ever were your results from this question?

Comment

Originally posted by poidy View Post
                    Jay I know this is a old thread, what ever were your results from this question?
                    I went with bigger jets and k&n filters for my indy 500 with dg pipe but i sold it 2 years ago

Comment

Working...
                    X