X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tx polaris

help! where do I get the dark blue polaris paint for my sled 1980 tx? thanks John

Hi.

I have a paint code here. I will look it up. It is Mazda Bay Blue..

Thank you.

Shawn

Comment

ok thanks Shawn

Comment

talk to willy in wingham he panted mine if u wanna see the coulour of it we can have some beers and look at some real sleds !! nice to see more blue out thier

Comment

Also have question for you Shawn or anyone else, do you have the codes for the 74 and 75 TXs also? I do not think they are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by poidy View Post
            Also have question for you Shawn or anyone else, do you have the codes for the 74 and 75 TXs also? I do not think they are the same?

Midnight Blue is a diffecult color to find ,1975 to 83, If Shawn has the correct paint code ,I would need it as well ,because I've went through alot of different codes and so far none are correct , I have used a 78 ford blue (which one book suggested) .it is close but not correct ,and most have Metalic in it which is wrong.I did find another color which is the closest as far as I can tell ,the only thing that should be used is a black primmer ,which is expensive. believe it or not , I can get the same darkness but midnight blue has a little purple it in .

I do have a good color for 1973 to 74 ,(chev blue ,I think it's early 80's color) and have the correct code for light blue early Polaris 65 to 71 .

Still didn't find code for 72 ,I need to mix my own (color on it's own) the only early Polaris with metalic.

Just my experiance.

Earl

Comment

Thanks Earl, will see when Shawn reposts the code, so you think it will need the black primer first? never seen that stuff, I assume the grey does not look as good? Did not know the 75 TX was the midnight blue colour, got rid of some a year ago, thought I was not in need of it.....

Comment

Hi All.

I got it here. I will post it up after dinner. Mazda Bay blue is what it is.

Later

Shawn

Comment

Hi.

Here is the paint code.

Omni

OEM code. DV.

Mazda Bay Blue

MAE 17128

I hope this helps.

Later

Shawn

Comment

Is that the same for a 74?

Comment

Originally posted by PINHEAD View Post
                      Is that the same for a 74?

No, Of what I was told that the midnight blue for the 75 TX, (and up) which Shawn suggests, plus fella here want to redo his 73 Starfire, I am thinking maybe that paint will be the 74 TX colour?

Comment

No, Of what I was told that the midnight blue for the 75 TX, (and up) which Shawn suggests, plus fella here want to redo his 73 Starfire, I am thinking maybe that paint will be the 74 TX colour?
                        Can you let me know when you find out?

Comment

Originally posted by PINHEAD View Post
                          Can you let me know when you find out?

Well I think the Polaris gurus here will help, PKing, Hal Armstrong, and the prez, so far even the gurus in the states are having a problem, different opinions for sure??

Also earnhardnorth had this link

I found this ppg# 14587 at VS.com

http://www.vintagesl...BILE-PAGE-2.pdf

Also for the "midnight blue, fella said

Find your local boat dealership that is an Evinrude E-tec dealership. The E-tec blue is about a 98% match, part #351907. This is in an aerosol that's lays down very nice.

I will try that on the 75TX....

Comment

This came from an American site a couple of years ago.Polaris colours Med Blue 14717 PPG

Midnight Blue 17128 PPG

White/Cream 8346 PPG

Br. White 2185 PPG

Years were not given.

Jim

Comment

Well I think the Polaris gurus here will help, PKing, Hal Armstrong, and the prez, so far even the gurus in the states are having a problem, different opinions for sure??

Also earnhardnorth had this link

I found this ppg# 14587 at VS.com

http://www.vintagesl...BILE-PAGE-2.pdf

Also for the "midnight blue, fella said

Find your local boat dealership that is an Evinrude E-tec dealership. The E-tec blue is about a 98% match, part #351907. This is in an aerosol that's lays down very nice.

I will try that on the 75TX....
                              When you paint can you post pic please?

Comment

Working...
                              X