Barn find,,,,,literally!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barn find,,,,,literally!

Service manager where I work came across this in the box stall of an unused barn.
    Seat is in good shape and the hood and windshield are both intact. He's going to bring it in a couple of weeks and clean it up. Probably going to need the usual fuel attention. He hasn't looked at the track yet.

Sorry Greg it's not going to be for sale. But I will let you know how we make out.

By the way,,,,,,that is infact a full sized Olds Vista Cruiser behind the sled.

Comment

No pic, John?!

Comment

No sure what's going on Richard.
        At one point tonight it didn't appear on my screen but a couple of minutes later it was there. It's there as I type this now. Of course I'm the wrong guy to try to fix it. I'm surprised I was able to get it posted in the first place. The confuser is not a friend of mine.
        The sled in question is a '78 or '79 Spitfire. It's covered in chicken droppings but the colour and decals are unmistakable.

Comment

now?I tried it again,,,,

Comment

I can see it. Any one else?

Comment

I don't see it.

Comment

I had issues uploading pics with my parts ad, too...

Comment

Can i use your glasses John. Your just a teaser .arent you.

Comment

Picture isn't there tonight for me. No chance of me figuring this out.

Comment

Try this .

Comment

I emailed this to Gord and he posted it,,,,thanks Gord.

Comment

I think that stuff preserves the plastic , but eats metal ....
                          Time to start guessing ,,, I'm guessing blown up on the PTO side ... customer would come in and tell us it was going faster
                          than ever before and then it stopped ?? Can you fix it ,,, willing to put $100 in repairs !...
                          .... I bought one that way but resold it to someone needing a track soon after..
                          OR it needs a track . 2nd guess..
                          this Ariens had similar preservatives added to its finish ... plus a dead raccoon skeleton imbedded into the seat.
                          Nice find John ,, hard to tell , but doesn't look smashed up
                          Ron

Comment

My service manager says it's not damaged and completely intact. There is also a tow behind sleigh that came out of the barn too. The Spitfire was driven by a girl,,,at the time,,,,then was parked when she got tired of it after a few years. She is grown now and is starting to clear out and straighten up the barn and farm to make room for her horses and a couple of donkeys.
                            Lots of ag equipment of various brands in the barn too. My boss is going to have a very interesting summer.

Comment

Nice find.

Comment

Working...
                              X